Pet Insurance

Kine

Guys,

Looking at getting my pets insured. After checking the interweb, there seems two main players in the Irish market, namely Petinsure.ie and Allianz. Very little price difference, so has anyone had any dealings with either, good or bad?

Cheers,

K

(I presume this is the right forum?)

Have my dogs insured with Allianz. Had one claim a couple of years ago. Cheque arrived in the post 10 days later.

I presume it's a simple process:

Vet bill = €500
Excess = €100

Therefore, assuming all docs are in order when making the claim, cheque of €400 received?

We have claimed with Allianz, no complaints from us, our claim for was over €1200

For the cat it costs us €12 per month - best money spent TBH!

ad

Yep Allianz are pretty damn good, although i'd say they are sorry they ever took me on! :rolleyes:

Two cats, two dogs insured. Excess is 75 per illness. So basically you pay 75 for one year of that particular illness, anything else that goes wrong related to that illness is covered throughout the year. I pay the excess to vet if necessary and vet claims back everything else!

Very highly recommend insurance for pets. One example of this is my own little dog who this week is having an MRI. If I were to pay for the MRI myself the cheapest cost is €1800 - rising up to €2500. I pay €75 :cool:

There's a whole thread on pet insurance here:

Since I last visited this with information that Blue were introducing pet insurance, I notice that 123.ie are also doing it. Competition at last!

Personally, I have my 2 dogs insured with Allianz, as they were the only company available at the time. I have had no problems claiming from them, and my vet is pretty good at organising all the relevant paperwork - generally, all I need to do is sign the form and send it off.

thanks for the above link...very informative. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to chose between them. typical of Irish "competition"...!

I've my little hooligan (otherwise known as a small dog!) insured with Allianz...

He dislocated his patella in March... I made a claim... Cheque arrived in about two weeks... No complaints...

It's so reassuring to have him insured, because I know that being the frisky mutt he is, the little horror is bound to do himself a mischief regularly!...

Darth...

Hi all,

Got my pup microchipped with Fido last week. When you get the dog chipped, you also get 6 weeks free pet insurance with Allianz. The documentation says that the docs would be sent out in five working days. Havent heard a stroke yet from allianz. Has anybody had similar experiences is this legit? Would you recommend this pet insurance for doggies as best value for money.

Annette

I got my little brat microchipped last July, and got my six weeks cover with Allianz...

And when I went to take out a policy for him, I got a ten percent discount because he's microchipped... I think this is only for the first year...

I've investigated the other companies, and having compared the different premiums, excess amounts, and other benefits, I've come to the conclusion that Allianz's the best for me (and the mutt!)...

I have a friend who's a vet, and works in a practice with three others, and he says that although his practice is promoting another company, he reccomends Allianz to his friends!...

No doubt others will have other opinions, but for what it's worth, I'm sticking with Allienz...

Darth...

Hi all,

Got my pup microchipped with Fido last week. When you get the dog chipped, you also get 6 weeks free pet insurance with Allianz. The documentation says that the docs would be sent out in five working days. Havent heard a stroke yet from allianz. Has anybody had similar experiences is this legit? Would you recommend this pet insurance for doggies as best value for money.

Annette

Depending on the day you had your pup microchipped, and the day Fido sent your form to Allianz, it might be closer to the end of the week before you get your documentation. I would imagine it is 'legit' - Allianz give 6 weeks free insurance in so many different ways.

It's up to yourself to shop around for the best value, but I personally can only recommend Allianz, as that is the only pet insurance I have ever had.

Darth - you are correct in saying that the discount for microchipping is for the first year only.

Thanks all - had a look at what other pet insurers were offering - conclusion allianz cheaper and seems the best for my wee devil....

Back