Personal Loans bank being Unhelpful & Playing hardball, ok Shall i Play hardball too?

P

Peter_Steele

Right

So i took out 2 loans with a certain Irish High street bank years ago. Was paying them off well untill my income took a big hit. I told them i could pay a certain amount on both loans which was 10 euro per WEEK. Now at the time i asked them could they freeze the interest and charges to try help me but they said no. Ok fair enough they have to make money too.
So I havent really heard from them in the last 2 years. I see each week my few quid comes out by direct debit and i assumed all was well in bank land. No letters of demand etc ( yes assume hands up i should have rang to see if all was well).

Yesterday I got a letter relating to one of the loans which was at 7K

LETTER OF DEMAND

INTEREST AS OF TODAY..... 4950.00

Interest alone nearly 5000 euro sure all thats left on the loan is 7K
Bloody hell. Im no free loader I was paying off the loan well tryin my best with ten quid a week for the last few years.
So im angry ,,,, I am ringing the bank today and have a good mind to stop my direct debit and wait for the court date. AFAIK the 2 loans are Unsecured loans. If they wont even chill on the interest Im screwed. I want to play ball and pay back my bills. Feck I spent the money! But this Bully boy scare mongering and nailing me with this interest is a bit much.
I have a mortgage with another bank can they in some way get my home repossed. Has anyone here been in this predicament and what did they do. A friend of mine told me if its unsecured there is literally feck all they can do apart from screw up your credit rating. In any event i couldnt care less about my credit rating as I really cant see myself wanting to be indebt ever again.
So should i again talk nicely to the bank and prey they come to their senses or should i go nuclear. "Well Mr Bank Manager my debts unsecured do your worst"
Any advice

Your probably thinking "10 quid a week sure that would take years" Well the idea was to trickle money to them and anytime i happened to get some extra cash or when things got better ie the economy i could blast the odd couple of hundread euros in to finally kill this monkey on my back

What does this mean?Is it that they contend you now owe 12k?
Did you have agreement with the bank about the 10e a week repayment?
What is the interest rate on the loan?
How long have you been on reduced payments?
Have you had a demand for the other loan?
Did the original reduced payment agreement(if any) have a duration?
Can you view either loan account online to see what's going on?
When you say that a few quid was leaving your account,was it 10 per loan per week,every week?