Personal Loans Advice

Jaydee

Hi

Has anyone any advice on getting personal loans. I am planning to get one for about 25000 in a joint application with my partner. I am confident that we can qualify but I dont know who has the best rates, longest terms and quickest application process.

Any thoughts??

Cheers

I find Bank of Ireland the easiest and quckest bank to get personal loans from and I've pretty much tried them all. My current account is actually with AIB but I don't find them helpful at all, despite having banked with them for 15 years. Recently got a smallish personal loan from them and am being charged 10.5% interest. Got a large loan from BOI and because my employer is on their preferential list, I got it for 6.6% APR which I'm pretty happy with.

There will be a thread on this in the near future. For the moment, you may want to check out www.tesco.ie and www.hibernian.ie

€25k is rather a lot of money to borrow-would you be wiser to save some money first and then borrow less?

CCOVICH said:
There will be a thread on this in the near future. For the moment, you may want to check out www.tesco.ie and www.hibernian.ie

€25k is rather a lot of money to borrow-would you be wiser to save some money first and then borrow less?
just looked at the [broken link removed] loan calculator and got a fright.

For €25k over 10 years (with payment protection) total payable is €52.5k!!! monthly €437. Without payment protection total would be €35k+, monthly €293+. This is at 7.5% apr fixed.

FFS be careful not to take the payment protection option, as this is extortion.

Back