Personal details gone missing

joker538

I applied on behalf of my partner and I for a First Active (FA) e-Savings account. I completed the online section and sent in the relevant documents in November.

FA wrote back to me and returned the docuemts. One of the documents did not have all the relevant information. I got the necessary details and sent everything back to them in mid December in a prepaid envelope that they supplied.

I didnt think much about it until recently and last week starting ringing FA about it. After a few phone calls and a good bit of being passed around and left on hold the Customer Services department led an investigation. They are saying that they never recieved the documents I sent in mid Decemeber.

I am not worried about opening an account with sweet FA anymore as I am very unhappy with the customer service I received. However I am unhappy about both me and my partners personal details going missing.

Should I report this to anyone do I have any recourse with FA?

Last edited:
Seems to be a spate of things going missing at FA and Ulster Bank at the minute, I have a staff member who signed mortgage forms in the branch only to be rang by their mortgage centre a couple of weeks later to say they hadn't got them.

You can report the loss to The Data Protection Commissioner but you may have difficulty as the bank is denying receiving your application. Last year a major Irish bank had a number of laptops stolen from employees motor vehicles. The laptops carried personal details of some 30,000 of the bank's customers, worse still the files were not encrypted. The office of the Commissioner is investigating and it will interesting to see what action he takes.

A few years ago when applying for an Ulster Bank mortgage they requested two documents off me. Sent both in the same envelope and they claimed to have received one but not the other!!!

Back