Perrystown, D12.

Camlink

Hi there,
We are in the process of buying a house in Perrystown. Contracts etc have been signed, wouldn't mind some reassurance though just to stop the nerves jangling.
I have done a fair bit of footwork in the area and am happy with our choice of location. Hubbie on the other hand (through no fault of his own) hasn't done the same level of research and is happy to go along with me. I wouldn't mind offering him opinions other than mine - just to be on the safe side.
I wish I came across this site sooner. We've been looking to trade up this past year and certainly the advice offered here might have made our search that bit easier.
Many thanks,
Cam.

Its an older estate and quite quiet, near enough though to good schools shops and town

Perrystown is a nice area, what part of it have you bought it, convenient to town, the M50, shops parks and good schools, have lived nearby for 8years and no trouble.

Hi Camlink.

Firstly Congrats on your new place! I have to agree with the previous posts, I think that Perrystown is a great area to live in. Location wise; it's ideal and the 150 and 15A buses are quite good (as far as Dublin Bus goes!). I grew up in that area, but was forced to move away because of the current house prices, however it would have been my preference to stay there. While it is a mature area, the neighbourhood seems to have come full circle now, with quite a balanced mixutre between older settled couples and new young families. There are plenty of open green spaces for the kids to play out in and there is a great sense of community spirit with an active community centre. Best of luck!

Thanks for all the above responses. They confirm my impressions of the area. Hopefully the sale will go through without much further delay. Both our and the vendors solicitors seem to be playing "pass the blame on the delay", usual breakdown in communications etc, etc.
Definitely won't be moving again in a hurry.
Thanks again.
ps Cloughy we're buying in Hillsbrook

Live in Perrystown at the moment on Rockfield Avenue (road with the ramps!) its the family home and ill be moving out later this year. Ive nothing but good things to say about the place. As per previous posts, the transport is excellent - the 150 arrives every 10-15 mins at peak time and the 15A is within reachable distance. Good schools close by and very community feel to the parish of Kimmage Manor.

Hillsbrook - very settled,mostly families that the kids are now grown up but a lovely place to live - some nice green areas around for the kids etc... Congratulations - i think you will be very happy there.

Back