Perfect present for friends 21st!

aishling

My friend (female) is turning 21 shortly and a few of us are going in together to get her something special! We have €200 to spend and havn't been able to come up with anything really good... We'd like it to be something that will stand out from other gifts and be rememerable so jewellery is out! Had a look on topgifts and similiar sites but nothin jumps out at me, anyone have any suggestions?

My husband got me a helicopter flying lesson for Christmas once. It was the biggest thrill ever, I enjoyed it so much. What about a lesson in a chopper or small plane? You'd probably get something for that sort of money, and it's certainly something to remember for a long time!

how about spa treatment, or hotel break, or dinner somewhere special, or a case of good wine, or beautician or hair voucher, something relating to a hobbie of hers?

One4all gift voucher and she can chose whatever she likes from their brochure - very very varied, - covers everything.. (i loved this gift personally)

A good leather branded handbag - (not something you would normally treat yourself to, but something very practical and useful, not to mention to be admired) my sister loved this gift)

digital camera - again something useful
ipod or mp3 player?

a painting?

€200 worth of fruit-flavoured alcoholic beverages :D

Note that you may need to carry her home afterwards!

Why not try Ryanair and see if you can get cheap tickets for a citybreak somewhere? If there are three of you going you may have to contribute extra money but 200e may cover the majority of it if you get a good deal and are free to travel offpeak.

Would second dawnsurprise's suggestion fro a handbag. You could get a nice Guess handbag and wallet for around €200. There's a good 'young' selection in Brown Thomas.

All excellant ideas, thanks! Were gonna go for a model photo shoot, something on the same lines as the one on topgifts but going direct to the photographer!

hey i like de ryanair idea. myself and a friend surprised another friend for her 21st and brought her to paris for de weekend. got really cheap flights from dublin for about E50 return and we stayed in a small but really nice hotel for about E50 for de 3 nights so it cost us about E100 each for flights and acc so we just went halves and paid for our friend. she had no idea where we were going until we got to the airport :) u should have seen her face :)

Two basic options. The first, extravagant and short-lived but memorable - an activity she wouldn't have thought to do herself normally so surprise trips (a lot of planning though!) or exciting adventures like flying or car racing or anything wonderful, preferably intense. The second, luxurious and long-lasting, a dress watch, dress bag, fabulous skirt - something high value that will last but will be used and loved and will remind them of you every time - don't dismiss jewellery entirely just yet, go for something that can be engraved, it makes a strong memory. I have done both for friends and they both worked. If she is adventurous get her something to keep, if she isn't get her something to remember - everyone else will buy for her dominant personality, but even adventurous girls like beautiful things and elegant girls like fun!

Back