Perfect green lawn

asking7

I'm doing a bit of gardening at the moment....anyone able to provide me with guidelines/steps to get the perfect green lawn?

I've got the top soil spread and reaked, removed all stones - whats my next step?
Also, whats the best type of grass seed to sew?

It will take you ages to sew it...try sowing it instead! Seriously, the seed used will depend on the type of soil in the area to be sown, surroundings (i.e sheltered, open), drainage etc.

It will take you ages to sew it...try sowing it instead! Seriously, the seed used will depend on the type of soil in the area to be sown, surroundings (i.e sheltered, open), drainage etc.

Also factor in the usage - if you have children you may want a tougher mix, but this doesn't give such a good looking lawn.

please don't got spraying the life out of it in order to get it "perfect".
lawns are not natural.

It is surprising what the passage of time combined with nature can do.

Our 'lawn' was overgrown, partly yellow, patchy, mossy, full of weeds and generally very unhealthy when we moved in 8 months ago. The topping and removal of some trees, allowing it to breathe, and regular but subtle mowing has brought it back to pretty good health.

The only other thing we have done is some selective manual weeding.

I agree that lawns shouldn't look 'perfect'.

I have found that a "weed and feed" form any garden store applied about 3 times a year is essential, but the biggest factor is regular mowing. Grass grows from the bottom up so cutting it encourages growth - most weeds grow from the top and cutting them repeatedly will harm them.

In short: To keep a lawn keep it cut.

put down roll out grass its 100% more visually appealing, its overnite transformation, weed free all the work is done, i got mine early in the year of a company called leinster lawns amazing grass, still lokks great.

put down roll out grass its 100% more visually appealing, its overnite transformation, weed free all the work is done, i got mine early in the year of a company called leinster lawns amazing grass, still lokks great.

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to AAM.

You appear to have 2 posts to date and both have recommended Leinster Lawns. Can you confirm if you have any association with this company?

Thanks.