Pepper enter the market

This is great news. It might make the banks sit up a bit.

I was going to fix with BofI but might hold off for a bit longer to see how the wind blows.

I heard a rumuor a couple of weeks ago that this was happening

http://www.independent.ie/business/...t-time-buyers-topup-for-deposit-34383436.html

slightly disappointing lowest rate of 3.55% but to be expected, they were never going to come in at 3% or less were they when all they have to do is compete a little.

Hopefully it will begin a competitive rates situation, in time, instead of the incentive led lending we have now
Pepper have charged 5.8% for GE mortgages since they bought them and never passed on any CB interest rate decreases. ?????

Pepper have charged 5.8% for GE mortgages since they bought them and never passed on any CB interest rate decreases. ?????

Playing devil's advocate, why should they? GE Mortgages are a subprime lender whose rates are a function of the risk associated with the borrowers. And unless they're using the ECB to access liquidity, the ECB rate isn't relevant.

Pepper have charged 5.8% for GE mortgages since they bought them

Are you sure about this?

I understood that GE had different rates for every contract based on their assessment of the risk. I don't think that they have a "standard variable rate" of 5.8%.

Brendan

Are you sure about this?

I understood that GE had different rates for every contract based on their assessment of the risk. I don't think that they have a "standard variable rate" of 5.8%.

Brendan
I've been with them over 10 years with no issues never in negative equity and when I queried the rates this is what I was told! Whether sub prime or not we should not be discriminated when the CB lowers its rate. The lender is getting the added benefit!

I've been with them over 10 years with no issues never in negative equity and when I queried the rates this is what I was told! Whether sub prime or not we should not be discriminated when the CB lowers its rate. The lender is getting the added benefit!

Why don't you refinance your mortgage with another lender? You must have a very low LTV at this stage if you have been paying down your mortgage for 10 years and have never been in negative equity.

Why don't you refinance your mortgage with another lender? You must have a very low LTV at this stage if you have been paying down your mortgage for 10 years and have never been in negative equity.
My husband is retiring this year so refinancing is not an option.

My husband is retiring this year so refinancing is not an option.

Will your husband getting a lump sum on retiring. If so and there was a portion of it that you could manage without it would be the best return that you would get and you would also be lowering you mortgage repayments.

Back