Pensions Board @ Oxegene & Electric Picnic

F. Kruger

It would appear that representatives from the Pensions Board are to attend both events in a bid to convince more young people to start saving for retirement.

Just picture it :)

This is crazy and an absolute waste of money.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

27-04-2006 13:02

As I am unable to respond below for 'technical' reason I will do so here.

Would it be possible for aam to write to the pensions board and request that they provide some feedback on these endeavours to enlighten the non-pension contributors, as I doubt that it will be in their annual report.

I would pay (almost) to see anne Maher on stage at Oxygen. Will she be on the main stage? Who's her backing band? Perhaps the Pensions Bored?

F. Kruger said:
It would appear that representatives from the Pensions Board are to attend both events in a bid to convince more young people to start saving for retirement.

Just picture it :)

This is crazy and an absolute waste of money.

I don't see how this is crazy.... staff from many public service providers often attend outdoor events and exhibitions.

There are lots of examples of these stands at exhibitions and events all around the country. The Pensions Board recently attended the Opportunities 2000 FAS Exhibition here in Dublin with lots of success.

People from DSFA have attended the Ploughing Match, staff from the HSE and from Citizen Information Centres often also attend such events.

What is the problem - is it because this is a music event?

CMCR said:
I don't see how this is crazy.... staff from many public service providers often attend outdoor events and exhibitions.

There are lots of examples of these stands at exhibitions and events all around the country. The Pensions Board recently attended the Opportunities 2000 FAS Exhibition here in Dublin with lots of success.

People from DSFA have attended the Ploughing Match, staff from the HSE and from Citizen Information Centres often also attend such events.

What is the problem - is it because this is a music event?

I had a chat with a guy on the pensions board stand at the ploughing. However, that and other such events are more "sober" shall we say.

At outdoor festivals its all about being young and invincible, getting merry and enjoying the joie de vivre.

.... Sorry lads I was got delayed with the pints, I was waylaid by the guy from the pensions board, fascinating it was. No more shall I waste my money on liquor, tis the pension savings route for me .......

Electric Picnic is aimed at the 30+ market - it is the 'boutique' festival. Sounds like a perfect market for pension education to me.

ClubMan said:
Yes - they would be better off at Billy Joel and The Eagles.

They will be asleep at those , on double time too :D

Back