Pensioner's pint in Cork

therave

i know this exists and this post is more to settle a debate but is anybody familiar with the pensioer's pint system in Cork,how much the pint is reduced by and where is it offered
thanks

Some pubs in Dublin also do this but is it strictly in line with the current legislation on special offers for alcohol? Ultimately it's up to the publican to decide what they want to charge.

on certain nights when prices are reduced for everyone the cost to pensioners for a lovely pint of beamish is 2.85

i'm 50/50 on the Murphy's Beamish debate..
i like both but only in certain pubs adn what's better is pint bottles of Beamish..
on the pub front,do ye know if it is all pub's in Cork or just some ?

Where it's not sitting in the pipes/barrels and is being turned over regularly I much prefer a pint of Beamish to other stouts. The Pedigree/Quarry on Ballygall Road East, D11 does a good pint. Can't remember the price offhand but not dear by Dublin standards.

beamish does not give you a head the following morning. it is alleged it contains less chemicals that rival brands

Hey, I saw a sign in the Wilton Bar / Cork for pensioners pints only last week, Beamish was €3, Oth Stouts €3.50 and beers €3.90.
No idea what regular pints cost there tho!

Funny how as 5pm approaches & all this talk of stout the thirst pangs start to hit....

it does exist
but like everything some pubs older only display the signs

travel up possibly barrack street or up north side and they might display the signs
i'd say the bar man would be privy to that information

it exists in kerry killorglin on certain days of the week

i'd say Pension day is the biggie here !

Back