pension investement

S

skip

i am thinking of joining a company pension scheme.
i want to find out which of the funds i would put my investment or percentage of investment into., International equity fund, Premium growth fund, Consensus fund,European long bond fund,Managed fund, or Irish Life secure performance fund.The pension fund is with Friends First

What age are you? If you have a good few (e.g. more than 5-7) years to go to retirement then it could make sense to put most or all of your pension savings in a fund that has a high equity content which would be expected to generate the best returns over the long term. On the other hand you need to choose a fund or funds that fit your own needs and appetite for risk/volatility. However be aware that there could be opportunity costs (in the form of possible growth that you forego) in choosing a fund with a lower risk/reward profile over one with a higher risk/reward profile. Remember that pension savings are some of the longest term savings that you are likely to have so you need to take a long term view. If you are unsure then you should seek independent professional advice. If your company employs pension consultants you should at least take the opportunity to talk to them but if you want truly independent advice see here:

Back