Pending Repossession

Ireland.1

This coming February my spouse and I will be in one years arrears with our mortgage. At that point, can our mortgage provider apply to the courts for a repossession order on our home?

A little background on our story; my spouse lost their job two years ago and we were placed on interest only payments for two years.

Last February our provider said we would be placed within the MARP programme but before they would do so we had to prove to them we would be able to make repayments for the amount that was agreed for us to have access to MARP.

We paid for agreed amount for three months and there was still no sign of the MARP paperwork being sent out too us. Keeping in mind we have no life jacket (MARP) and are left sailing in the wind; our arrears were growing and growing.

After some months waiting and proving we were paying what we could to the max did the MARP paperwork arrive in the post. We were asked to consult a Solicitor before we signed the form.

We contacted a Solicitor who told us under no circumstances were we to sign the MARP form (sorry but reasons I cannot mention here).

Our Solicitor contacted our provider and asked them to reissue the MARP form but they have yet to do so.

This has all been months ago and our provider are now refusing to deal with us. We are still paying the agreed amount but have absolutely no contact with them.

Is there anything we can do or is it all too late?

Last February our provider said we would be placed within the MARP programme but before they would do so we had to prove to them we would be able to make repayments for the amount that was agreed for us to have access to MARP.

Did you not prove to them already when you began paying interest only??