Penang in June

loodles

I'm thinking of going to Penang in June but have heard it has high rainfall.
Just wondering if anybody has been there and have any info!
Thanks!

we stayed in the city -personally really wasnt a fan -Open sewers and more rats than i have ever seen in my life . Out by the beach is nicer but regretted i didnt go to lang kawi instead -i heard that was lovely..

Thanks for that! Had intended to go to the beach but seen a good deal today for langkawi - so might just head there instead!

Went to Penang June two years ago. Weather was fine, not much in the way of rain, few downpours, which were shortlived and not every day. Other than that was hot and sunny. I will definitely agree with bleary about the rats in Georgetown. Size of cats and everywhere. If you go, dont spend long here. Beaches are ok, Batu Ferenghi is quite nice, but there are much nicer places to go. Perenthian Islands off the East Coast of Malaysia are a paradise. Fairly remote, generator electricity, no motor vehicles of any kind. Some nice places to stay and eat though, and the snorkelling just from the shore is beautiful. The water is also unbelieveably clear. Its mainly muslim so getting a beer is a bit of an adventure but it can be done! Spent a week there once and was never so relaxed in all my life.

Forget Penang - go straight to Langkawi.
Penang is one of Malaysias biggest computer manufacturing centres - think INDUSTRY. It was once called 'The Pearl of The Orien', but no more.

Langkawi on the other hand is an archipelago of over 100 islands, most of them uninhabited, and even the main island is largely pristine and untouched by mass tourism.

One of the BEST hotels I ever stayed in is there - the Andaman hotel. Expensive by local standards, but really excellent.
No trouble getting a beer in Langkawi either by the way - and its cheaper too, being a Duty Free island.

Selamaat Jalan.

Thanks a mil! Good job I posted on AAM - had no clue about Penag. I guess the brochures aren't going to tell you anything bad!