Penalty Points again!!

Newbie!

Im not looking for sympathy here...I am very much do the crime, do the time BUT I wjust want to ask, Have alot of AAMers recently been done for penalty points? I have never had points in 10years and i have recieved 6 points for the speeding in the last 3months. I am absolutely devestated as each of the points to date have been no more than 10k over the speed limitand on by-passes or similarly good roads. One of the fines I recieved today was from nearly 3months ago and I cannot even remember why I would have been on that road.

Have the guards started shooting goldfish in bowls now?

Just off point a small bit. Got points in 2006.

Yesterday after the 3 year on licence got letter to say points now removed, felt like I got a birthday card.

I think 3 years for points on licence is far to long, maybe reduce to 15 months.

I havent even thought about the length. Am just in shock at getting 6. I always considered myself a careful driver.

Is there a period of time where the fine has to be issued after the offence was recorded?

When learning to drive (in UK), was told that you should only stop at an amber light if it is safe to do so i.e. no emergency breaking that may cause a car behind you to crash into your car.

Have the guards started shooting goldfish in bowls now?

Started? That has always been the case. They have a speed trap on the Naas Road just after the Long Mile Road junction roughly once a week. Hardly an accident black spot justifying such attention.
Leo