PC World under-warranty repairs

ipxl

My wife's Packard Bell laptop (purchased 4 weeks ago) has developed a fault under warranty. The backlight power seems to have gone to nothing.
I can see the display very faintly and I've tried all the obvious things (eg, remove battery, adjust function keys for brightness, etc).

Since it is under warranty my plan is to take it back to PCWorld at the earliest opportunity. What, from people's experience, would be the typical turnaround times on repairs on such an item ?

-ipxl

Don't wait for turnaround imo. Insist on a replacement.

I broke the screen on my lappie (not under warranty) and asked PCW about getting it fixed. They were charging a ridiculous rate which was actually more than the laptop was to buy, and it was going to take about 6 weeks.

In the end I ordered a new screen on d'interweb and did it myself for 1/6 of what PCW were charging.

For you I'd imagine warranty work is slower than paying work, so expect several weeks if you agree to a repair.

Not only are you under warranty but you're under, or nearly under, your 28 day period where the product would be instantly replaced, so don't accept anything less.

I used to work for PC World, if they get stickly about this, ask to speak to a manager.