PC just freezes!

danole

'Could be just working away & it just freezes-nothing happens!
Anyone any any ideas?

danole said:
it just freezes-nothing happens!
I don't understand this bit - maybe you can clarify? Maybe the thermostat is bust and needs to be replaced. I've done this with fridges in the past as a DIY job having bought the replacement part from a parts supplier.

what operating system are you using?, what are the pc spec's?, have you antivirus software (why not)?
Is the computer completley unresponsive, will ctrl, alt, del do anything or do you need to reboot.

Sorry - I actually thought that this query was in Homes and Gardens was about a fridge! :eek: Nearly as stupid as me attempting to put the bib on the wife rather than the baby last night (honestly!).... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perhaps I wasn't that clear.Everything seems to stop-computer doesn't respond to anything.'Have to power off & start again.It seems to be happening a lot lately.It's an oldish machine,using Windows 98 & AVG anti-virus software.

very same thing was happening to me only last week why I dont know.have a dell dimension, win 98 with avg. I booted from last known good configuration and this seemed to do the trick

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/ they have answers for about everything. From virus-infection to hardware problems.
I have the most sophisticated internet security suite and still managed to get my browser hijacked and all sorts of trouble started. But I managed with their help to fix the problem and all is in working order again. And I'm by no means a computer wizzard, quite the opposite, so changing registry entries and stuff - I didn't even know what a registry was!!! I am a lot wiser now...

Good luck, you probably have a lot of ad and spyware on your maching that cloggs everything up...

Check out the "clean PC" thread linked at the top of this forum for more tips on checking for and protecting against viruses, adware, parasites etc. etc.

Back