PC image problems

Delboy

Hi,

Just got a PC and having some teething problems which i hope you can help me with.
Have downloaded some software....PP stream, PP live to watch live football.
I can see the CCTV5 and Start sport icons on the left of my screen. I click on them and sometimes i get nowt and other times i get games (probably to do with the times games are on). The problem is when i do get images, they're in a psychedellic format!!!!! i.e. everything is orange, green,red and blurred. Like something out of Austen Powers!!!!

What have I done wrong???? The PC is a Dell 5150, straight from the factory. Can't figure it out but I'm no techie anyways so any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Delboy

Dunno what codec ppstream uses but you could try installing/reinstalling your Divx and Xvid codecs. For some reason I've just started experiencing weird playback on other AVI's and a re-install of the Divx codec sorted it out. Just go through www.divx.com and visit their download section to install the free player/codec. During the install you can select just the codec install. You probably don't need another media player cluttering up your machine.

Thx Decani,

downlaoded that as you said, but no difference. Trying to watch Chelsea Birmingham via TVkoo, but it's all the colours of the rainbow.
Dell are'nt helping me out too much either on this.

Check the colour depth settings of your display - right click on the desktop and then properties. If your display is set to low colour then your display may be doing the best it can to match the colours with a limited palate available to it.

Do other images display correctly ? What happens when you watch other videos ?

z

actually got a channel playing italian footie today...no image problems...Guangdong sports.
But Star sports, the main footie channel, won't play properly