PC and Laptop connected to broadband at same time?

tinal

Hi All

I have Eircom Wireless Broadband installed at home. I have my PC connected to it via a Wireless Network Adapter. Is it possible to set up a laptop to also connect at the same time and if so is it just a case of installing CD onto laptop that came with Eircom router etc (i.e. same procedure as installing onto PC)?

Just want to check its possible before I attempt it and I know its quicker to get a reply here that ring Eircom Help line.

Thanks

T

Re: PC and Laptop connected to boradband at same time?

It is possible.....your laptop ( if it is recent ) will find your wireless network and you can just connect to it using the relevant security key. You should not have to install anything....

Re: PC and Laptop connected to boradband at same time?

I have my PC connected to it via a Wireless Network Adapter. Is it possible to set up a laptop to also connect at the same time and if so is it just a case of installing CD onto laptop that came with Eircom router etc (i.e. same procedure as installing onto PC)?

Some Adapters have more than one USB/Ethernet Socket, if you could plug one more into the Adapter & then from there into the laptop it shoud work.

(if the user's above post doesn't work)

I have my PC connected to the USB hub of the modem and the laptop thro the ethernet and they both work at the same time

Back