Paypal just taking money out of my bank account without authorisation

Cymbeline

For an overdue eBay invoice (before you say I should have just paid them, they refunded a buyer even though the item was delivered). I don't have automatic billing set up. EBay haven't been able to touch my Paypal account for months and Paypal haven't been able to touch my bank account, but suddenly they just took €190 out of my bank account to pay the bill.

They did change their policies recently and they say that in order to disagree you have to close your account within 30 days, but I haven't been able to log in to close my account. Every time I try I get a "request could not be processed" error. Could it be argued that I haven't agreed because, accidentally or not, they made it impossible for me to close the account? Or can I just say I never authorised the charge? I know Paypal themselves won't give me anything and I'll have to go through my bank, I just want to know what reason I should give.

go to your bank and dispute the amount took from your account. If it was taken by SEPA DD you don't need to give any reasons. you have 8 weeks to claim the funds back. You can also ask you bank (should you wish)to block any further charges by Paypal to your account.