paying via paypal is it safe etc question

johnwilliams

looking to buy a item from a company over the internet ,transactions are via pay pal ,company is well known and advertises in newpaper so they are legit , but what i want to know is how secure /safe paypal is to use (what do i have to be wary of) and what kind of hassle is involved (easy to use) .also what kind of charge would i incur on my order using it

I've never had any problems with it. And I've bought stuff from ebay and from companies all over the world, for a number of years. From what I gather it is very secure and there is protection against unauthorised payments.

I use Paypal regularly and have never had any problems. That said, many people have had difficulties as a quick Google search will show, [broken link removed] has plenty of examples.

No Problems with it here, cept the initial set up was a bit of a pest but that's all to keep you secure - Verifying your credit card and such. It does what it says on the tin as far as I'm concerned but I've only used it a handful of times.

If you don't receive the goods, paypal won't refund your money, but you can do a chargeback via the credit card company.

Accourding to my understanding of paypal if you use them you wave your right to get chargeback from the credit card company if something goes wrong. I've had plenty of problems with ebay purchases, perhaps I'm bad luck, Paypal had refunded me my money eack time.

addob