Paying for PC with IF (interest free) CC

D

dodi

Hi,
I need a new PC for home, don't have the funds now to pay for it but will in May when SSIA matures. Would I be right in thinking I could apply for one of those 6/9 month Interest free Credit Cards, purchase the PC & pay it off in May with SSIA without incurring any charges etc.?
Any advice?
Dodi

Re: Paying for PC with IF CC

0% credit cards are usually for balance transfers only - not for further purchases so I don't think that will work for you.

Dell
seem to be offering the chance to pay €10 for the first 12 months and then the balance thereafter. You could avail of such an offer and presumably pay from your SSIA proceeds?

PC world have interest free offers at the moment over twelve months. The finance is through HFC bank over 48 months but you have the option of paying off the balance outstanding within the first 12 months in which case there is no interest payable. Be aware though that if you don't clear the balance within the year the interest rate is 29.5%.

0% credit cards are usually for balance transfers only - not for further purchases so I don't think that will work for you.

No, there are a number of cards that offer 0% on purchases outlined in this thread.

Whether you opt to use a credit card or the store finance (mentioned by demoivre) be sure you read the small print!

Thanks for replies, had looked at dell but didin't think you could pay off after the 12 months, will check this out as well as the PC World offer.

Back