paying for flights with which card?

S

sunrock

Being flying a lot with ryanair and aerlingus and as i book online, I always end up paying by credit card visa and have to pay the fee 5e return.
What is the best way of paying so as not to incur this fee?
Is it worth getting the ryanair credit card?

Don't know about Ryanair, but if you pay with a laser card for Aer Lingus flights the fee is reduced- it was 2 euro the last time I flew with them.

One of the Ryanair card options incurs no charge... not sure which one it is since I don't have it... but I remember in the past toggling through the options on 'Card Type' and watching the admin charge increasing/reducing...

Just booking a flight so

Ryanair visa €5
Airplus €5
Connect €2
ELV direct debit €5
Mastercard / Visa €5
Visa debit €2
Visa electon 0

No idea what some of these are or if they are available in Ireland.

Looks like visa electron is the way to go .
Are these available in ireland.
I HAD ONE PREVIOUSLY IN THE U.K.....no stamp duty ...didn`t even know if one could use them in shops as these are not credit cards...I suppose one puts the money in first i.e. preloading.
if they are no hidden charges to bank a/c ..might be o.k.
Is it o.k. to pay in sterling for flights originating in dublin?

Hi ,I was sold a ryanair credit card , with the promise of no charge and a free flight when i paid my first bill ,then a free flight after every 5 flights purchased on the card ....... i got niether ,a big con-job , and ringing customer support was no help.

Just booked a flight with BMI baby.Booking fee was free if I booked with a "Visa laser".I had 2 pay E8 for using visa card!
I had a Visa Electron in UK-but not many places accepted them so got rid of it.

Back