PAYE P60

DirectDevil

What is the position from January 2020 of PAYE taxpayers who have been making paper returns via Form 12 ?
Specifically, I understand that they will no longer receive a P.60.
So, how will they claim medical refunds and know that their tax is in order ?
The individuals I am thinking of do not have broadband so don't deal with Revenue online.

[broken link removed]

End of year statement
Your 2018 P60 is the last P60 you will receive from your employer.

From 2019, an end of year statement will be available to you in myAccount. This will include details of all your pay and deductions from all employments for that tax year.

If you are unable to use myAccount, you will be able to request a paper version of the statement.

Thank you for that torblednam - most helpful. The elders of the tribe will be relieved to know this as apart from broadband issues they are still welded to paper and get a bit angsty about IT systems....

As torblednam pointed out there are no P60's in 2019.

Revenue are going to issue you with an "Employment Details Summary" (EDS) for each employment via your MyAccount.

After the 15th January Revenue will also issue you with a "Preliminary Statement Of Liability" on your MyAccount page also. This is basically like a P21 where Revenue will perform a PAYE and USC balancing calculation and show you if you have any refunds or repayments to make.

With this statement you will also be able to declare any additional income or claim any other reliefs (medical expenses etc).

I have attached a PDF copy of the Revenue presentation at a recent PAYE Modernisation Stakeholder meeting, there some screenshots showing what is happening with the EDS and Statement in MyAccount next January

Attachments

• External Stakeholders 02.12.2019.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 307
Back