PAYE Allowance

Bobbi70

Hi

As a director of my company I am not entitled to the paye allowance and pay PRSI at class S. However I have recently been taken on as an employee and am now getting my paye allowance and paying stamp at class A. I am still doing some work for my company and invoice my time out with that. I am assuming this is aok?

Yes it's fine provided it's a bona fide employment and not just a convoluted scheme to get some Class A contributions paid.

There seem to be three issues here;

Are you a proprietary director of "your company" (i.e. do you own 15% of the company)? If so, you are not entitled to the PAYE tax credit.

Do you control "your company" (e.g. do you own 100% of the company)? If so, you should more than likely pay PRSI at Class S.

Is this company that's taken you on as an employee a separate company with no connection to you? If so, you should be entitled to the PAYE tax credit and pay PRSI in relation to that employment at Class A.

No problem with claiming the PAYE allowance and paying A class PRSI on your new job assuming you (or your spouse) are not a proprietary director.

Back