Pay off sterling holiday now or later?

redwellies

I understand that this is a ‘how long is a piece of string?’, type question but....
We have booked a cruise in sterling. It is due to be paid in full by April. Are we better to pay now or wait until after Brexit?

Assuming you don't already have GBP to pay the cost, you could hedge to some extent by paying half before and half after Brexit (whenever that happens). Other than that, I don't think anyone here has a better insight into Boris' brain!

I'm in exactly the same situation as regards accommodation and fees in Scotland. I was thinking of hedging my bets by opening a sterling account. Anyone know if I can do that easily. I already know how to transfer money in Euro's into Sterling the cheapest way possible which is with a company called Transferwise.

If you’re going to get into currency speculation, just do it.
But paying for a non-Euro holiday is just that, it’s paying for a holiday.

As a rule of thumb, the lower the fees the less favourable the exchange rate. The better the exchange rate the higher the fees.

What about Revolt? Excellent exchange rates, keep funds in EUR, GBP or both, Visa debit card for spending, GBP bank account number if needed too for fast UK transfers. Top it up via your own bank card or transfer.

Back