Pay off mortgage or invest

ndublinooc

At the present time would it be better to sell €40k of funds/shares etc to pay some of my large mortgage (Eur 400k) or hope that the investments outperform my mortage rate?

I know this has been referred to in previous threads but can't find it!

Many Thanks for any advice

Buy a nice car!! For about 45K you could pick yourself up a new Audi A5 up the north and you'll have enough to pay the speeding fines on the when down too!

At the present time would it be better to sell €40k of funds/shares etc to pay some of my large mortgage (Eur 400k) or hope that the investments outperform my mortage rate?

I know this has been referred to in previous threads but can't find it!

Many Thanks for any advice

Thats a hard question, with inflation, stagflation, fall in house prices,
volatile markets, just make sure your funds are in the best possible place to earn the most interest and your shares are not risky financial ones.

seeing as you don't have to sell the equities, and considering they are currently trading at a big loss (if they're not, I want you Fund managers name), then surely its best to wait it out with the equity market.

I know people have been saying 'sure it won't go any lower' for 9 months now, but that statement should be true reasonably soon! All markets seriously hammered again today though.

According to a QFA friend of mine, cash is king at the moment, so I'd keep the equities if they can be cashed at short notice.

thanks for the advice all , to be honest I think its crystal ball stuff at the moment with the only certainty being that the bank will continue to charge me interest on my loan.

Back