Paving Recommendation

davfran

I need to get paving done, can anyone recommend a good, relaible paver in north kerry, also any advice on the best type of paving to usse? Thanks.

I think the big problem with paving is subsidence. If you are going to drive cars on it, make sure the contrcator puts sufficent hardcore. I would also make sure that there is sufficient containment around the edges.

Make sure you get someone reputable and recommended. There are plenty of "roving cowboys" in this business. I had a pretty bad past experience with a cowboy in Dublin some time ago.

Dont talk to me about cowboys, Don, I too got burnt by one, hav'nt been able to undo the prob just yet, but it will cost alot more than ready finances allow. Wont be driving cars on it, I am on the lookout, asking other people who got it done, thanks for the advice.

I got a paving job done around my house , and the paver published it on his website. [broken link removed]
Note that I have no connection with him otherwise, but he did a good job.

I laid a patio a year ago at home - I used Castlestone from Roadstone - You can get their brocure online - V. happy with the result. One tip I'd give you even if you are getting a contractor to lay the paving is to ensure 1/2 inch to dust blinding is the underlay for the paving (obviously you need to have proper foundation as well). The use of a whacker plate before hand is also important, for the Castlestone you need to use the whacker plate afterwards as well.

I don't know why you would want to get paving done because of subsidence, weeds and not as good as some other finishes in concrete that you can get. I am from NZ and have been in this work for 15 years and there are better solutions to this than paving like stencil. check out stencil.ie this is the product that i use among others for my jobs

Hi dble8, welcome to AAM. In accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company other then being a satisfied customer?
Thanks,
Leo

Back