Paving front garden, is planning permission needed?

hamstring

Hi all,
I am looking to pave or tarmac most of my front garden so that i can park 2/3 cars outside my semi detached house. At the moment i have a small driveway that fits 1 car and the path is levelled to the road at that point to allow me drive in. Just beside that entry point, on the road, is a drain hole. The rest of the garden is walled in.

Am i right in thinking i need to get planning permission to knock the wall , pave the garden and level the rest of the footpath? The house is in Limerick, and i though i read/heard that permission was required and this type of planning permission used to cost €1,000 but in an effort to get more cars off the roads in housing estates it had been reduced to a nominal fee?

Finally, can the paving contractor level the footpath or does the corporation have to do it?

I think it depends on the height of the wall.

I think it depends on the height of the wall.

No it doesn't. Planning is always required where you want to widen a driveway. Proof of permission will be required for the council/corpo to widen the dish on the footpath, this is their resposibility, you shouldn't do this yourself.

There are a number of threads on this topic already if you use the search facility.
Leo