Pattersons Kitchens?

barry75

Hi Lads
Has anyone any experience with Pattersons Kitchens In Galway?Was in there yesterday,met with a kitchen designer who went through in detail the design of our kitchen.Have to wait for a week or so for the design to be draw up ,and to get a quote from them.The quality of the kitchens on display seem very high quality.Hopefully they dont come back with a mad quote .The kitchen we where looking at is shaker style walnut .Our Budget is between 13 and 15k we already have the appliances.Can we expect a discount if we haggle?

Thanks Barry

Short answer, yes.

If you're spending 13K on a high end kitchen I expect you may be able to haggle a discount of anywhere from 0 to 3,500. If you have told them your budget then the quote may come in just under the top end. (This may be because they have reduced a higher price to your top end but that seems unlikely)

One thing you could try is this... when given the quote... seem dissapointed, say "we'd love the kitchen but it's a few thousand more than we have, (or we need some money for tiles, appliances whatever, do this if they know the budget)... ok so kitchen is a few thousand too much, ask can the design be changed slightly to get a lower price... this then lets them change some small things and drop the price without looking bad.. i.e if they instantly drop from 13K to 9K with no changes it seems as if the 13K was way overpriced).

In any event I think they will have quoted a bit more than they need to, they would usually be able to drop the price a small amount.

Magnet Kitchens in Dublin are having a 50% off sale, they do fairly high end kitchens so it might be worth mentioning that Magnet have quoted 7,000 for a 14,000 kitchen because of the sale, that should waken them up a bit!

A larger company may be in more of a position to drop the price than a skilled cabinet maker (and one or two helpers) who may be giving his best price from the get-go.

Hi

we got a price in 05 from them (Donegal) for shaker, maple kitchen. They were the dearest quote we got. They have a good reputation for kitchens but are known to be expensive in this area.

Was in Galway showroom once. Prices seemed expensive. You need to price a few places in Galway and around. Touhy & Grealish, Regans etc.

Have a look at these guys based in Westport, Co Mayo - [broken link removed]. Priced these guys when building our house a few years ago. Had a very impressive showroom but price at the time was slightly outside our budget but less than a quote I got in magnet in Dublin.

Never been to galway shop but ordering our new kitchen from Pattersons in Donegal. (This is our 2nd experience with Pattersons and we are v v pleased with them) We have priced around both times and pattersons came in middle of the road, certainly not the most expensive. It all really depends what you are looking for. their customer service is first class from the girls on the phones, to the designers, to the guys who fit the kitchens and their workmanship is second to none. I would have no hesitation in recommending Pattersons to anyone (and have done when anyone asks about our kitchen).

E.

Hi E. O'Neill,

Can you confirm if you have any association with Pattersons Kitchens? A first time poster giving such a glowing recommendation on a thread that has been resurrected from January, '08 may make others suspicious.

Why don't you try In House in Galway or B & Q. I have got shaker kitchens from both and am very happy. I have no connection whatsoever with either.

Back