Pattern stuck to tiles

annR

Hi

I've moved into a new house and in the main bathroom, the white tiles have a picture stuck on to them to create a patterned effect. I think it will peel off but am unable to even pick at it with my nails. Does anyone have experience with how to get it off?

Try a glass scraper as used for cleaning ceramic hobs.
Leo

there is this stuff that my boyfriend uses in work to remove stickers etc from it equipment..it reaks but my god it is magic to dissolve any kind of glue -no matter how old...can find out the name if you want!

Are the pictures tile stencils? If so try nail varnish remover.

Joe

I'll try that thanks. newbie if you could find out what your boyfriend uses that would be great!

A

i have removed sign writing from my husbands van by using the hairdryer and it worked a treat then cleaned off any bits with a little white spirit on a cloth. this might work ?

melts the glue then might peel. it may work, it may not - try and see what happens ! e.g. i have recently renovated a property that had those polysterene tiles on the ceilings. tiles came off ok but a blob of hard glue was left all over the ceilings - removed this easily with a hot air gun (like the one u use for paint stripping. this would be too hot for tiles as it might crack them so try the hairdrier. let me know what happens ?

Joe

I'll try that thanks. newbie if you could find out what your boyfriend uses that would be great!

A

Hiya,

the name of the stuff is Amber Klene - have no idea where they buy it from though...strong smelling stuff so get a mask for the duration of using it!