Pat Kenny and the Frontline audience member

thedaras

I thought that what the audience member on the frontline show had to say was probably valid.

However I do not think it was the correct forum to verbally attack the Pat Kenny.

The producers should have gone to an ad break,as who knows when someone is that out of control,what they are liable to do.

I felt it was very unfair on Pat Kenny,and very unfair that it wasnt stopped,and Im sure people felt very uncomfortable.

I would feel the same should this happen to any presenter or panel member.

I was surprised it went unchecked too. Yes it was the wrong forum and as a matter of principle, yes it was probably unfair on Kenny.

But what effective forum did the guy really have? Joe Duffy? Letters page of the newspapers? non payment of license protest?

What's sad IMO is that this guy will simply be dismissed as a nutter by the majority of the population.

It neatly encapsulates what Frontline has become.

A soapbox for emotive venting, devoid on analysis, explanation or context.

I would have watched it if I'd known there would be raving lunatics on. Do you think they could give more advanced notice in future? It would help their ratings...

The only pity was that he didnt give Pat a chance to answer, and then pursued him like Paxman would.

By continuing to foam at the mouth he just marked himself out as a nutter, though I thought the general thrust of what he had to say was deserving of a response.

Pat thanked him, as he does in those situations. Do RTE not have bouncers like they do on Gerry Springer and all those ??

So now that he got away with that, how many people will try to get on Frontline to vent about their own particular grievances? They are going to have to screen the audience before letting them in!

Is it possible that this so called "nutter" is the first joe soap to crack under the daily torrent of news detailing the greed and corruption of semi-states ,government top dogs, greedy bankers and speculators?.

Is it possible that this "nutter" did not have the strength of character to contain the anger that most of us feel about the rape and pillage of dear old Ireland ?.

Is it possible that this "nutter" is the rumbling sound of Mount Etna about to explodef?

Rather than ridicule the man ,why not feel some sympathy for him as I am sure our Pat will not lose any sleep over it.

Rather than ridicule the man ,why not feel some sympathy for him as I am sure our Pat will not lose any sleep over it.

I don't think Pat heard a word he said but I could see him wave to his lackeys with the obvious unspoken instruction "Remove the peasant..."

I thought it was sad on the audience not to clap in agreement, yet they clapped when that ridiculous women Hanafin blabbed her rubbish.

Nutter? - He's probably the sanest person in this country!

Is RTÉ solely funded through licence fees and advertising? They get no funding from the taxpayers?

I think it was disgraceful attack on Pat, I suspect the guy has deeper issues.

I'm not surprised though. There is a lot of anger out there that needs to be productively channelled rather than stoked up.

I thought it was sad on the audience not to clap in agreement, yet they clapped when that ridiculous women Hanafin blabbed her rubbish.
I am not surprised as the tickets are controlled by RTE and the political parties.

I thought the programme was pre-recorded (like Q&A used to be)? Obviously not, given last night's events!

How are the tickets controlled by the political parties??
Tickets are given to the various parties participating and other interest groups so they stick their people in the audience. Q&A was absolutely ridiculous for it.

I thought the programme was pre-recorded (like Q&A used to be)? Obviously not, given last night's events!
I don't think Q&A was ever pre-recorded. It has over ran on many occasions which would point to it being a live broadcast.