password for folder

Pickle

I have a few photo's of the wife on my pc, I have put them into a folder in my documents, when I right click I cant see anything to do with security,etc,
in word you can go tools, then protect doc, but cant seem to do with the pics, any advice

What's your operating system? What type of pics?, can you post them?

You really need to encrypt the contents if security is what you want.. so you could download a trial version of a program like PrettyGoodPrivacy.. or an equivilent.

Some easy methods of securing stuff, but it's not very good, is to change the filetype... i.e from .jpeg, to .doc for example... then when you click the files Word will attempt to open the files, it will likely fail, and people might not think to change the extension back to .jpeg, in order for the files to open correctly. This isn't foolproof though, but it can work quite well.

Another method might be to 'zip' the files into a ZIP file or a RAR file.. you should be able to apply a password... again not as secure as PGP above (PrettyGoodPrivacy), but ok..

You'd have to be careful about extra copies of the files being stored in internet cache or the like...

You could store your pic's on a password protected flash drive save space on your pc hard drive.

Back