Passport renewal emergency

tomred

Hi, we are going on holidays to Spain on Friday week nd have just realised that our 3 year old's passport is out of date. Is there a best way if ensuring we get a passport in this timeframe? We are a little bit concerned so any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

Here is the relevant page from Citizens information about passport renewal.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...plying_for_or_renewing_an_irish_passport.html

If you scroll down to the section on processing time, this is what it says.

"If you require a passport ugently, you should contact the Passport Service. Applications in Ireland with proof of travel (e.g. airline tickets) are guaranteed to be processed within 3 working days. There is an extra charge for the urgent service - €55 for an adult and €30 for a child. "

you should get all the information you need ready immediately, and contact them.

Many reports about phones being very busy in silly season so if it were me I would be goin in there tomorrow and sitting it out. When I went in to get son's passport renewed some time ago the urgent option was not working fully and it was taking longer than the reckoned 3 days despite the extra fee.

Don't take a chance on the An Post option as it would be too close.

Thanks again everybody. I am going in tomorrow. Is there any time of the day that is good to go in. Can I go really early and be first up?

Tom

Thanks again everybody. I am going in tomorrow. Is there any time of the day that is good to go in. Can I go really early and be first up?

Tom

Do you have the application completely filled out, including the photos being signed by the Gardai and the permission slip with both parents signatures witnessed ?

I assume that if you do not they will tell you to come back when all this is done.