Passport Query

computerman

Child going on school trip, mainland europe.
Ticket booked in childs fore and surname.
Teacher now says that ticket must have full name as in passport i.e. second name should also be on ticket or she will be refused entry on plane/ country.

Question - is the teacher correct?

Child in a panic,..........

thanks

I would doubt that the Teacher is correct. Which country is it? Spain had (may still have) additional prior passenger information but even there I don't think there was a necessity to have the full name.

Who are they flying with? Not even Ryanair are that strict as to require middle name on ticket - not in my experience.

Thanks 4 quick reply.

Hes flying Poland, I think Ryan air.

My own impression is that the teacher is wrong. but I dont want the kid to turn up at the airport and be told she cant fly.

In my view the teacher is wrong. I've travelled with Ryanair loads of times and only include my First name and Surname, my passport has a middle name which I've never included and have never had a problem.

Poland don't have any prior information requirement so the Teacher must be wrong. HE/She could be causing huge unnecessary expense and trauma for the pupils.

I've never put my second name on a plane ticket, ever, and it's on my passport. That includes a trip to Poland with RyanAir several years ago.

Can confirm as travel agent till recently (and I know my colleagues do the same as well) never did I book anyone using middle names, and -in case rules have chnaned in the last few months - I've just rang my best friend/travel agent who laughed at suggestion of using middle names on bookings/tickets.
And that includes Ryanair , which surprising to many , receives thousands of bookings daily from travel agents.

I have booked trips to mainland Europe for myself and a group of friends on a few occasions and did not need or use their middle names. I just needed their passport numbers and dates of birth, I know these people nearly 20 years and still do not know their middle names after many trips away. PS, If Oldnick says it is ok to travel that would be enough for me,.