Passport panic!!!

Greg Barry

Just discovered my 4 year olds passport is out of date! We are flying to spain on monday! Is it possible to get a passport before then? If you go to the passport office will you get it in the day?

Thanks

Greg

My understanding is - not a hope in hell!!!
Medical Emergency or Family Death seem to be the only incidents which may get you an emergency passport.

The work to rule is still ongoing, going on...

where are you based? the Cork office (from what I've heard) seems to be better than the Dublin one.

Regardless, go in & be ready to turn on the tears (seems to work better for women.....better still bring in the 4 year old & get them to turn on the water works)

Can't get to Cork but am going to go to Dublin and see what happens! Tears can be turned on!!

I don't think the work to rule is still ongoing, the problem is staff aren't being replaced when therefore they are understaffed. I doubt you'll be heading on your hols though.

Make sure you have all required documents / photo's with you and in order, including details of your detarture date, I have found them really accomodating in the past, I know its a different situation now with the back-log but fingers crossed you will be looked after before close of business on Friday.

I don't think the work to rule is still ongoing, the problem is staff aren't being replaced when therefore they are understaffed. I doubt you'll be heading on your hols though.

Posted 2 different passport applications yesterday and was told it would take 4-6 weeks as the work to rule is ongoing...

Anyway, I hope the waterworks works for y'all.

The work to rule about answering the phones etc is over. The delay is because they are not doing other peoples work from vacancies that are currently there.
Sorry should have made that clearer.

Fingers crossed folks! All contacts contacted, bribee's bribed and favours called in!! Have all the documentation I need so I'll sit there until Friday evening if I have to!!

Went to passport office to plead my case and was not entertained! Basically told that management won't let them discuss or consider any cases and the quickest i could have a passport for my daughter is 25 working days! (and thats not guarenteed!) As a point of interest, Cork is 20 days and they are much more plesent than Dublin!!

Were the staff in the passport office "taking pleasure" at turning people away did you feel?

Have you tried Balbriggen office. During the dispute I thought I read something about that office not really being affected by the dispute.
Maybe you could go out in person?