Passport For US ?

tilly1

Hi all,

Heading to New York on Friday and was just wondering if anyone knows do you have to have one of them new passports?? My one is'nt hand witten but its not one of the new ones with the hard plastic page with the photo scanned onto it.. Its just the one with the photo stuck on it and it's like its laminated?? Has the barcode thingy at the bottom but all the other people have the new passports??

Re: Passport For U.s. ???

You'll be fine. All new passports have the microchips but all other machine readable passports are okay for as long as they are valid.

I have a new one and hubby has an older one and we've never had any problems on our trips to the US.

Re: Passport For U.s. ???

The important bit is the >>>> Joe >>>> Blogs>>>>>>>>3433.>>>>>>

Once you have that , its Irish , its in date , you haven't over stayed previously or committed a crime you will be fine....

Are you guys sure? I went to the States last year and travel agent advised me to get new passport...I had an older one that was handwritten and was not issued in Dublin but was issued in Canberra..Not sure if that made the difference but my impression was that for the US everyone needed one of the new fangled passports!

Handwritten is a no no.

Basically passports were handwritten, then machine readable and now microchipped. Machine Readable and Microchipped are now still valid for the Visa Waiver programme. Handwritten passports require a Visa.

mine is 9 yrs old, very tattered, went thru the washing machine,, my hair is a lot shorter now and beard is gone,

anyhow been thru the us twice this year and travel regularly,, only got a comment ove about the state of it and that was in heathrow..

you will be fine

Back