Passport Express Service - Is 10 days the norm?

Lauren

Just wondering if the Passport Express service does what it says on the tin, i.e. if the passport office are actually processing applications within ten days?

Used it twice, and both came back after 9 days. P.S. Make sure your photos are up to standard as they have changed the rules. On the application form they have a little plastic window and if the picture does not fit bang on they will refuse it.

Dont get your photos from one of the machines in a shop as they are not good enough quality. Photos are now scanned onto passports so better off to get them done in chemist or somewhere that they use digital camera and you can usually look at the pic before its printed off juts to be sure.

10 working days. allow for weekends and bank holidays

Yes I have used this service and the passports all arrived well within the 10 days. There was even a query (cannot recall exactly what) and the passport office phoned to ask instead of sending everything back. I was impressed with the service and I second the point about getting good photographs.

Isn't that the guarantee - back within 10 working days. I and my friends have used it on numerous occasions and always came back on time. Its an excellent service.

If you happen to be coming up v. close to a departure date you might be able to contact the office directly and have them expedite it. I have heard of that being done. May need to sit and wait in the office mind you which is always a barrel of laughs.

Back