Passport expiry date

emmt

I'm off to Thailand on the 10th of June for 8 days and noticed that my passport expires October 2006. I've googled but can't find if Thailand requires the expiry date of your passport to be at least 6months after the date of travel. I know some countries require this but cant find a list of countries and their requirements. Any ideas?

Thanks for that askalot
I sent an email to the Thai Embassy in the UK requesting this information cos I couldnt find any details of a Thai embassy in Ireland. Waiting for a reply from them now but if anyone knows anywhere I could look in the meantime that would be great.

Unfortunately the passport link on the same webpage leads to a page under construction!
The webpage isnt clear on passport validity for travel that doesnt require a visa though. The 6 month rule states refers to applying for a visa.

I finally found a website for the http://www.thaiconsulateireland.com/, got an answer machine message that didnt answer the question either and from this message got the number of a mobile phone to ring which didnt answer! I'm going to this bother cos at this late stage I really dont want to have to make 2 trips to Molesworth st.

Travel agent recommends having at least 6month validity on passport for travel to anywhere so it seeme like a trip to Molesworth St is on the cards for me...

Thanks for the help askalot and Sim Two.