Passport expires 12th April - France 3/7 April

Daddy

Someone please tell me my passport is ok.

Flying with Ryanair.

I did not anticipate a problem once it is in date to an EU country.

Had a look at the Ryanair website and I think I'm ok.

It states that for non EU countries it must be in date by 3 months.

Otherwise it just states a valid passport.

To be on the safe side you could do passport express through your local post office...gauranteed to be back within 10 working days...I've always go it back sooner..works a treat.

If I do the passport express tomorrow I would need it back by next Friday.
Very tight timeframe there.
Think I'll take my chances as the Ryanair site is quite specific that a valid passport is required.
Mine is valid until the 12th April so i d'ont think there will be an issue hopefully.

Daddy - no, sorry, actually I can't call you Daddy.......

OP,
I don't know where you're based but my passport was due to expire between two trips 14 days apart and I called in in person to Passport Office. They were very helpful and , once everything was in order, issued the passport within 10 days. Mind you, the queues were horrendous, they appeared to be very understaffed and there was some ripe abuse hurled, at high volume, at the staff by disgruntled queuers. So best to get there early, with photos exactly as per the instructions and form duly signed by the Gardai.

mf

If the OP holds a valid EU passport and is travelling between EU countries then there cant be a problem. This myth of having to have X months remaining in a passport is very misleading. The passport is valid for 10 years , not 9 years and X months.
Travelling outside the EU is a different matter as some countries have specific visa requirements necessitating a certain period remaining in the passport for this purpose.

Back