Passing a Percolation Test

Thanks a million for that Daddycool. I've been getting a liitle bit of conflicting advice in this topic (some of which I believe to be self-serving!!) so its great to get an independent view.

Good luck with your testing too.

Do you did Trial hole yourself or get in an expert

Hi
I asume you mean dig - no matter who you get you will have to have the trial hole already dug, and have two 44 gallon drums of clean water there for the test, and if the initial T test fails you will have to dig a small 300x300x400deep test hole for the P test

Hope this helps

My Engineer said he will come out and do the test if I get the hole dug, I guess my question is; Can I go and do this with a spade or should I get in a digger etc...

This may seem a silly question, but would save me a few euro if I could dig the hole?

generally there are 5 holes required (depends on you county BTW).

The water table trail hole is 2 m deep by (usually 1.5 m sq)
the 2 T test holes are 300sq x 400 deep, but have to be dug generally 800mm below GL.

If you can do this with a spade then fair dues!!!!!

the 2 P test holes are 300 x 300 x 400 deep, easily done by hand

Hi guys ,I just been refused planning application from 3 reasons
1- because of extra traffic on local road ( but I already renting house next to where I am living in rental house), also I living in lane way and my land is the only one empty part from other 2 houses (I living in one)
2- local house need ( I grow organic products for my family and restaurant and i need to be there most of the time ) .
3 - public health issue for septic tank ( but It already past the test with percolating value of 30)
My architect said it is hard to win appeal basis on septic tank.
Can anyone advice me from your experiences please ,thank you

Back