passat dash rattle

regvw

Hi I have bought a 07 passat. One thing that is driving me mad is a rattle in the dash area. This happens even on smooth roads. It sounds like something is rolling between the passenger door side of the dash and the center console. I have looked this up on other sites and have seen it is a common problem. but have yet to have seen a fix for this.

was wondering has anyone here suffered this issue or know of a fix

You may have a similar problem to mine. I bought an 06 Passat and my young son promptly put a 1€ coin into the air vent where it dropped to some sort of 'cavern' behind the dash. When I was getting my car serviced later on, the main dealership tried to remove the coin but couldn't access it.

Hi Squonk, thanks for the heads up but I dont think its something like that. It sounds like part of the dash itself. I might have to ask the main dealer what they think..........

Hi I've an 06 passat with a noisy dash too, previously some coins fell out of the coin holders in the dash (1 cent coins) and went in behind it, I got them removed but it is noisy again now and I don't think its coins this time, it is very annoying as you know, I dont think the build quality is as good as previous vw's, I'm not sure what the solution is as I've also heard its a problem with the passats.

I went into the main vw dealers near me. they denied it was a known fault or that they had any idea what was causing it. As you say it is really anoying and I would love to get it fixed

Hi regvw

Have a 07 passat with what i would describe as a creak rather than a rattle that was
very annoying beside passengers door,dont think there was anything inside the dash.
Anyway stuck 2 velcro pads to side of dash and when the door is closed it
presses on the dash and creak disappears.Not ideal but not pulling hair out either.
Try and see..........

lie all the old jettas, and no point in asking the main stealers to have a go, once those dashs are distyrbed they will never go back as they did in the factory, prob worse with more clips broke in the process

Back