Pasport to expire in 6 months

pinkyBear

Hi there we are flying to Austria in a couple of weeks for a week, Mr Bears passport is going to expire in 6 months - is the passport still valid.

I can remember reading years ago that a passport cannot be used in the last 6 months.

Cheers, P

On inside cover of your passport point no. 4 states "Some countries require that a person's passport be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of their intended journey".

Hi PinkyBear

Taken from [broken link removed] (underlining is mine):

"All EU citizens have the right to enter and reside in the territory of any other Member State of the Union for a period of up to three months simply by presenting a valid passport or national identity card: no other formality is required. Member States cannot set additional conditions concerning the minimum validity of duration of the identity card or passport."

My own passport is due to expire in August 2009 and I recently used it with no problems on a visit to Italy.

Hope this helps!

CMCR.

Last edited:
Hi PinkyBear

Taken from [broken link removed] (underlining is mine):

"All EU citizens have the right to enter and reside in the territory of any other Member State of the Union for a period of up to three months simply by presenting a valid passport or national identity card: no other formality is required. Member States cannot set additional conditions concerning the minimum validity of duration of the identity card or passport."

My own passport is due to expire in August 2009 and I recently used it with no problems on a visit to Italy.

Hope this helps!

CMCR.

When traveling always check with the country you are traveling to. Advice given can be changed by certain countries and info is not always sent to DFA.

The problem will be in dublin airport they require your passport to be over the 6 month mark.especially ryanair.if i was you i'd ring up the airline your travelling with and ask.

Back