Parkwest from D16

churrusco

Hi All,

I'm moving jobs and thinking on getting a position in Parkwest as there is quite a good demand of people there. I live in Dundrum so quite close to the M50. I know that the traffic can be really bad from what people says and what you can hear on the radio, but was wondering if anyone could guess the amount of time that can take you at peak times from Sandyford's M50 roundabout to Parkwest

Thanks!

The traffic on the nangor road is pretty bad in the mornings and the evenings..its taking me 20 mins in the morning and 40 mins in the evening just to get through the traffic on the nangor road.. I'm only going to Lucan so only takes another 5 mins on top of that

Not too sure if that helps at all !!!!!

And the worst part of the traffic in ParkWest is leaving the estate in the evenings. Factor on at least 20 mins extra for this if you're leaving between 5 and 6 in the evening (depending of course where your office is located within the park)

Seems it's not the M50 that's the problem for a change. I live in D16 also and have to go to the airport a good bit. The last few times I've had a 9.30 flight I've left home in a taxi at 7. Unbelieveably I've been at the airport at 7.45ish...shock horror. I suppose it's because of the fact that they've finally opened up the 3rd lane on that stretch between Ballinteer and Toll Plaza. What about the option to get off at the later exit and in via the Ballyfermot Road, is that any better anyone who might do it?

I work out near Parkwest and am driving from D16. It's quicker to go thru Walkinstown I find than over the M50, particulary when schools are off or if you leave between 7.40 and 7.50. Leaving at 7.40 it only takes about 20 mins to get there!

Back