Parklands Firhouse

foxi_fitzi

Parklands Court Development - Ballycullen/Firhouse

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a two bed apartment in the Parklands Court development, Ballycullen/Firhouse however I don't know the area.

Would anyone recommend buying here - or not!?

Thanks guys,

F

Re: Parklands Court Development - Ballycullen/Firhouse

Hey
I live in those apts.
Space-wise they're excellent, everyone comments on how spacious they are when they see them first and the room layout is pretty good.
The area is close everything, and drivable to the mountains, parks and lots of nice stuff. Not enough good restaurants around but lots in town and good transport links.

The actual developement seems to be a good mix of owner occupied and renters. The block I'm in is a couple of owner occupiers and the rest renting. I've only heard of a couple of dodgy incidents with renters and then through other people. There is a gate onto the park beside us and lots of local youths congregate there for drinking sessions etc in the night. Thats probably the worst. Also, check out the management company (Wiltshire I think) and any other info you may need as an owner.

What price are they going for?

Thanks micheller for replying,

The asking price is €355K, do you mind me asking how long ago did you purchase yours and for how much did you pay then?

Is yours a two bed also?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Happy Thursday.

F

Sorry, should have said we're just renting! Yes, we're in a two bed also.
355K seems expensive for an apartment but I guess that's just the market these days (and probably me being unrealistic!). Good luck!

Michelle.

Hiya

Don't live in Parklands but have been living in Hunterswood for the last 3 years. We love it here and almost everything you want is on the doorstep. The M50 is so handy, Liffey Valley and Dundrum are only a few minutes away, there are a few nice pubs Scholars and the Knocklyon inn are nice, for supermarkets there is Superquinn in Knocklyon & Supervalu in Firhouse, local shops...spar/chemist etc beside Scholars and also beside Woodstown, good few chinese takeaways, choice of primary & secondary schools, a 5 minute drive will bring you into the mountains.

€355 seems reasonable enough as 2 beds are around the €380 mark in Hunterswood.

Hi,

I am looking at buying an apartment in the Parklands Development off the Ballycullen Road in Firhouse. Over recent weeks several apartments have gone up for sale and I am wondering are there any particular reasons for this, or is it pretty normal.

Is it a reasonably safe place to live and are there any problems I should know about?

Thanks.

I'd noticed that myself and wondered....
Could be that a few investors are selling up now with the rental yield maybe going down. We've counted about 4 or 5 apartments for sale in last few days.

I'm actually one of the sellers! We're moving as we need more space so have just bought a house. I've been living here for the past three years and had no problems. All the people in our block are owner occupiers (not sure about the other blocks) and theres never been a problem with noise. You occassionally get some kids hanging around but its only in the summer and they've not caused me (on the second floor) any problems. There's no problems with parking (as there in in Hunterswood up the road). After initial problems with a bad management company it was changed and the current company is doing a good job.
I've loved living in Parklands and would recommend it! I'm not just saying that as I want to sell, we sold our place in less than a week!
I know one of our neighbours who is selling is doing so as she bought the place as an investment and feels now is the time to sell.