parking ticket

• Thread starter ticked off!
  • Start date
T

ticked off!

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me on this unusual matter!! I've recently recieved a parking ticket. not so unusual but it is dated April 2005! I didn't get any ticket on my windscreen r anything. i've asked about it and was informed that I was illegally parked in April 2005 but the local council had no paper to write me a ticket so they sent the parking ticket now. can this possibly be legal?!

I dont know about the legalities of it but I woukld imagine they have checked it out. However, regardless of the legality all public bodies have an obligation to do carry out thier functions quickly and speedily. You should contact the Ombudsman and they can investigate a complaint on your behalf. Over 2 years is a very tardy indeed.

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me on this unusual matter!! I've recently recieved a parking ticket. not so unusual but it is dated April 2005! I didn't get any ticket on my windscreen r anything. i've asked about it and was informed that I was illegally parked in April 2005 but the local council had no paper to write me a ticket so they sent the parking ticket now. can this possibly be legal?!

Very strange. Let it go to court and it will be struck out for delay.

i would pay it, its not a money thing but there was no ticket ever put on my car r anything. how do i know they're not just sending out random tickets and i'm not goin 2 get another one r two r five next yr?!

Hi,

thats scandalous! surely they cant away with that! Let us know how you get on.

Back