Parking ticket in ROI, vehicle registered in NI

ATC110

A van registered in Northern Ireland UK was issued a parking ticket when it was parked in a loading bay in the Republic. The driver got delayed at a pickup location so was over the 30 minute time limit.The ticket was appealed but the appeal has been disallowed.

Does anyone know what would happen if the fine is just ignored?

Could cause trouble next time vehicle is stopped. What was the appeal based on?

The driver was delayed at one of the pickup locations but because the traffic warden did not witness the driver at the vehicle loading/unloading the appeal was disallowed

Update: the online fine payment system would not work and it turns out that the '1' in the registration has been inputted as an 'I'.
Does that invalidate the ticket?

Update: the online fine payment system would not work and it turns out that the '1' in the registration has been inputted as an 'I'.

I don't understand - you acknowledge it was a legitimate parking fine. You're looking for technical reasons to avoid paying it.

Just pay the bleedin' ticket.

Interesting how all your posts on how the public sector are the enemy of the people warps into a feeling that you don't have to pay fines.

Reactions: Leo
Interesting how all your posts on how the public sector are the enemy of the people warps into a feeling that you don't have to pay fines.
Nice segue there. I thought referencing other posts in this way was against forum rules?
It's obviously a theme not a warp - I've already paid tax on the money used to pay the fine for it then go to a publicly funded body so I will try to resist this.

It would appear that a 'typo' occurred when it was being inputted into the system.
If the original ticket has the correct registration written on it then that will still stand.

You could wait it out to see if a fine/reminder arrives by post (risking a higher fine) but may well take some time, if ever, as
the '1' and 'I' will play a part in tracing the van owner.

Back