Parking Spaces - A Lost Cause

Dave Dub

Hey everyone,

I`ve been trying to buy a parking space in Dublin 4 near to Baggot Street Upper but have not seen one advertised on Daft or MyHome, is there anywhere I can find a place that advertises them or where I can even approach owners to buy one off them even without them advertising??? Its costing me too much to park in Dublin every other day and I reckon it`d be better value over time.

Any help would be very much appreciated? Maybe they are returning too much rent to sell??

Dave

Why not approach some of the larger private houses on Waterloo/Wellington roads and ask them if you could park your car in their driveway. Maybe a flyer in their door?

Any chance we could try to stick to the topic of where to find a parking space-if the OP wants to commute by car that's their decision-bike or public transport might not be an option.

Thanks.

I agree with the other posters, posting flyers might be your best option. A lot of apartment leases state that you cannot rent out your flat and parking space seperately, so people may be concerned about advertising their spots? You could post your request and number on the postboard of apartment block lobbies...

Hey guys to be honest I want ot buy one for an apt I own in the area as it does not have one and I feel to shift it at a good price itll need it.

Cheers

Dave

maybe dorpping flyers to your neighbours in the block would help, they might consider the spot wasted and look to free up cash

Most apartments have a clause in their contract to say that the carparking space allocated can only be sold to someone else in the complex. You may be able to rent one but not buy.

Have you tried advertising yourself, i.e. car parking space wanted.

Have you signed up to an "alert" on daft.ie to notify you when a space is advertised? Any good spaces will go very quickly so if you are only checking the site every few days you will miss them.

I have nothing to do with daft by the way.

Have you signed up to an "alert" on daft.ie to notify you when a space is advertised? Any good spaces will go very quickly so if you are only checking the site every few days you will miss them.
I read an article on Daft over the weekend which claimed that somebody sold a parking space within seconds of putting it up for sale, as a buyer was using this alert facility to their mobile phone.

I`m on the alert system from DAFT but only rentable spaces come up, each of these I just mail and ask to buy but get crazy prices quoted 40K!! or just not resonse.

Good idea about advertising myself will try that!