Parking at the Point Theatre

laragh

Taking my father (a boxing fanatic) up to the Bernard Dunne fight on Saturday. Its a long while since I've been to any event at the point (I never liked the place to be honest) and I was wondering where to park.
We'll be coming in from the Belfast (M1) direction.
The doors open at 7PM but since the main event wont be to late on I was going to aim to be there for 8PM.
Where is the safest and easiest place to park to allow us make a quick getaway afterwards?

You can park at the point itself in the car park. There is a fixed fee - can't remember exactly how much. Only problem is trying to get out at the end of the event - there's always a huge queue so be prepared to wait a bit. Otherwise there are unofficial car parks along the quays but you have the same problem trying to get out onto the quays afterwards. Really the best option is to park in a city centre and walk down or get a taxi to the Point. The Irish Life car park on Abbey street is open till midnight and there's a fixed charge of €5 from 17.00 to midnight.

Was at a concert 2 weeks ago and Ticketmaster sent me an e-mail before hand, which I haven't pasted all of here, but just the part, that would most concern you. We were late and had to park miles away in an area that had me worrying until I got back to the car:

Car Parking Information

As part of our exciting upgrade and expansion plans for The Point we have recently commenced construction of a new three storey underground car park. This will double the total number of parking spaces available when it opens next year.
While this upgrade is being constructed, we will have fewer car parking spaces attached to the venue and consequently the Venue Car Park will be full earlier than normal on the evening of a concert.
So, special arrangements have been put in place with public car parks near The Point. These carparks will remain open during our concerts and shows and offer a fixed rate price to our customers.
These Carparks are located within the Irish Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at Jury's Hotel (€3 for Concert parking) and Connolly Station (€2.50 for Concert Parking) and are situated at opposite ends of Commons Street.
We advise all customers using the North Wall Quay to use Jury's and Connolly Station Carpark's.
Car park spaces remain in place at The Point for customers with disabilities or special needs.
The Point would like to inform its patron's that due to the increased number of people seeking parking in the area there has been a significant rise in the number of building yards etc being operated as "carparks" in the area. The Point would like to inform patrons that these "carparks" are not official overflow Point "carparks" as being advertised by operators.
To the best of our knowledge these "carparks" are being operated without public liability insurance and have no connection with the Point what so ever, these "carparks" are charging people €10.00 to park a car whereas the official Point "carpark" located at the venue charges €6.00 per car.

Further information is available at
www.thepoint.ie

To the best of our knowledge these "carparks" are being operated without public liability insurance and have no connection with the Point what so ever,

They would want to be sure of their facts before making such a sweeping statement.

Slightly off topic...What about parking at the Red Cow Luas park & ride and getting the Luas in and out to the Point? What is the Luas like at night time, is it safe for 2 women on their own, is there much messing going on?

I have never heard of any trouble on the Luas at night. The green line is very safe, and I have never heard anyting bad about the red line.
You will still have to get a taxi or face a long walk to the Point.

Last edited:
If you want to take the car to the Point I'd recommend parking in Ringsend, you can park almost right beside the Eastlink Bridge. 5 mins walk and there won't be much in the way of traffic when you're leaving. And there's that fantastic chippers there in the main village I can't remember the name of it..

Thanks for your replies, not sure the women will be happy driving through the city for a 7.30 concert, though the Ringsend option might be a runner, what would be the best route there from the Red Cow r/about? Down the canal or down the M50 to the Stillorgan road?

Hi vontrapp,

Would Ringsend not be out of the way if I'm coming in from the northside?? What I mean is would I not be passing the Point and crossing the Eastlink to get to it?
Sorry my knowledge of the layout of Dublin is sketchy!

When you get to the Red Cow Roundabout, take the exit for Northbound, go through the Toll Booth and take the next exit, i.e, The Blanchardstown Exit. Go all the way around this roundabout and take the 3rd exit bringing you onto the Navan Road (facing east). Go straight all the way down. You go past The Halfway House on your left, Cabra Garda Station on your left, McDonalds on your right, Phibsboro Church on your right, Mountjoy on your left. Basically just keep going straight, past The Five Lamps etc. Don't once, go any direction but straight East for about 6/7 miles (approx) at which stage you will come to a T junction and there exactly on your right is The Point.