Paris with Ryanair.

kd1964

Hello. Its my first time to Paris and first time travelling with Ryanair.
Regarding hotels, its a toss up between Timhotel Tour Eiffel and Timhotel Montparnasse, any suggestions on which is the best.

More importantly, where does the Ryanair bus drop you off in central Paris, will it pick you up in the same spot on the journey home.

Any advice,suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hi,
Ryanair will not take you to Paris but to Beauvais which is 60 miles north of Paris. it's as if a flight to dublin was landing in kilkenny and they would stil say it's dublin. it will cost you 10e each way from Beauvais to Paris and take between 1h15 and 1h45 depending on traffic. I would advice you to check both aerlingus.com and airfrance.ie and see if it's worth it. bear in mind that if you'rer planning on using the metro system in paris (which is the most sensible option) u can buy a pass that includes your airport transfers so it could be financially interesting. to summarise my advise is: if ryanair is a lot cheaper (at least 50e) than a decent airline then fly with them, otherwise don't bother. also remember with aer lingus or air france, they wil put you up in a hotel in a hotel if the flight is canceled and with air france you get your free drink. remember one more thing, you get what you paid for. hope this help.

Hi kd1964,

The buses that collect people from Beauvais drop you off in Porte Maillot. Its about 5 minutes walk (and a very busy road to cross) to Porte Maillot metro station. Remember to find out the metro station nearest to your hotel so you know which line you are going on...most likely, you will need to change lines, this is pretty standard wherever you go in Paris.

Do be careful on the return journey with the bus to Beauvais, make sure you get a copy of the timetable and try get the bus before the one you are supposed to be on. i've flown ryanair 3 times to beauvais and never had a problem with buses but last time we were talking to a group of 12 people and their bus never turned up! they had to get taxis in groups of 4 and taxi quoted them anywhere between 120-130euro!

My brother got stuck in France yesterday because Ryanair cancelled all their flights to France due to the strikes there. However, Aer Lingus continued operating - without even a serious delay. So what was Ryanairs excuse for cancelling these services??
My brother was raging. He had to pay for another nights accomodation in a hotel, and then make his way to Paris De Gaulle today to try to get out. Buying a last minute ticket cost him a packet - AND he's in trouble because he missed work today.

He says he'll never fly Ryanair again - the cost and inconvenience ruined his trip completely.

On the day when the government is announcing its sell-off of Aer Lingus, is this the kind of service we can look forward to if Ryanair was to become the 'national carrier'?