Paris with Ryanair.

kd1964

Hi

I usually go on a sun holiday but this year want to go to Paris and Disneyworld for about five days. Is this enough time, will one day in Disneyworld be enough, do I need to book a hotel in Disneyworld or can I travel from the capital on a day trip.

More importantly, can anyone suggest decent hotels in Paris, central, not too expensive as my kids are over 16 so I will be paying for four adults.

I am a bit iffy booking Ryanair but they are the only ones to travel from Shannon. If I book with them, can my dates be changed. The travel agent is charging me 30 euro per person for booking with ryanair so thats why I want to do it myself.

Any suggestion would be so helpful as I have never done this kinda holiday before.
kd

we stayed in the hotel de suez

Got good reviews on tripadvisor and was in a good location. Reasonably priced too.

Ask for one of the newer rooms as they are a bit nicer but I think they may be facing the road so there may be a bit of noise.

The room we had was a bit old but very quiet at night

http://www.hoteldesuez.fr/index.html

Theres also a coach you can get from the airport to take you to the centre of paris...its there waiting for you when you land and think its about a tenner. Takes about an hour I think

ice said:
Theres also a coach you can get from the airport to take you to the centre of paris...its there waiting for you when you land and think its about a tenner. Takes about an hour I think

Just be careful when getting the coach for Ryanair from Paris back to the airport to be extra early and get on straight away. I've experienced two occasions where people have been left behind because there are not enough seats even though one couple fought and refused to get off the bus they were prised off with the promise that the company will get them to the flight, they hadn't made it to the airport by the time the flight left. Taxi to the ryanair airport is about €150 (i've been told). Aer Lingus might be a better option as their prices can be almost the same and airports better served by public transport.

Disneyland Paris is great and can be got to by train from the centre of Paris, only takes about an hour.

Kd,

Firstly, decide on your dates and book directly with Ryanair - try to stick to your dates as there will be an extra charge to change - this can sometimes be higher than the original cost.

We stayed in a mobile home on a camp site on the Seine once - it was near the Metro which had a direct line to Eurodisney, very handy. We spent only one day there and it was enough but as your kids are older maybe they'll want longer to try out all the rides. I suggest booking for one day and see how this goes. One thing if you're using the train/metro it will get very busy if you wait for the Closing Parade as everyone will exit at the same time - but I supppose the parade is part of the magic.

Google Paris Hotels/Campsites.

Val d'Europe is worth going to for some shopping at great prices, Armani, Ralph Lauren, Timberland, Versace and possibly 60 other big brand stores. The idea is similar to the American outlet malls in that the prices are reduced because the stock is 'last season' but the actual place itself is much nicer. The layout and shop styles are what temple bar dreams about being.
Val D'Europe station is the one before Disney and the shopping area is about a 10 minute walk from the station.

kd1964, you can't seriously go to Paris and divide your time between Disneyland and an American-style shopping mall...!

I only meant American style regarding prices and "last seasons stock", its not a mall and asthetically its very French. Given that most people do a bit of shopping on holidays I was only giving the tip to prevent centre of Paris prices being paid.

icantbelieve, I didn't mean to sound dismissive, and your advice is good re avoiding inflated Parisian prices!

Just hate to think of someone visiting Paris and not soaking up a bit of the old ambiance...

"not soaking up a bit of the old ambiance... "

and the tres chic aloofness which I found hard to deal with

"not soaking up a bit of the old ambiance... "

And giving plenty of it back, of course!

OK, useful suggestions for two adults + two >16s, in the summer:
[To be continued tomorrow, when I can assemble the relevant links. Past my bedtime..! ]